Wednesday 5 June 2013

Futon Hell

"I'm in the market for a futon" - words I'm not fond of uttering.  "I think we have to go to Ikea" - words I'm even less fond of uttering. 

The thought of trekking out to the black hole (aka Ikea) to buy, of all things, a futon makes me feel like a drink!   I threw my first (and what I thought @ the time would be my last) futon away seven years ago when I moved from Melbourne to Sydney.  Now, I'm entertaining the idea of bringing another futon into my life.  I just don't think I'm ready.  But, Mother is coming to Sydney @ the end of August, and after seven years I figure I should make an effort and deck out the spare room for her with some sort of "bed".   We need spare room space for every day living so an oppressive bed in the spare room is out of the question.  A futon is the answer at this stage (Mother will not sleep on a li-lo air mattress - would she?).   Do you have a futon in your life?  Did you?  Can you recommend one that is aesthetically pleasing and comfortable?  This is what I am stuck with otherwise - Ikea hell.   At the very least, which is the least ugly?


2. Karlaby/Karlskoga (honestly where do they get these names)
3. Kivik
5. Bedding Lovas (does this little number come in any other colour?)
6. Tidafors (now I'm getting desparate)

________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment