Friday 8 March 2013

Casual Attitude


It's Friday - i.e. jeans to work, bright blazers, heels that belong on the dance floor, some questionable fashion items and other fashion faux pas!  Ultimately, it's a fashion prelude to the weekend which screams "I don't want to be here".  A former colleague (and very good friend of mine) once told me he refused to dress down on a Friday at work because "Casual clothes = casual attitude".   He wore a suit every Friday whilst the rest of us swanned (or slothed) around in our jeans.   As it turns out, there are studies done that have found that if you dress down, your manners break down, you get into "couch potato mode" and apparently you're not as productive, ethical or moral.   Do you act less professionally on a Friday if you're in your casual gear?   I'll be keeping a close eye on myself today - to make sure I don't compromise my morality for the sake of the comfort of my jeans!  Read more here and here!

Have an awesome weekend and if you get some time, check out some of my favourite links from the world wide web this week:
# I think I lost my shopping list
# Get your ass off the couch
# Shopping
# Super Cool yet mildly annoying
# WINE - How Classy People Get Shitfaced!
# T-Rex

1 comment:

  1. I have neon pink nailpolish on just for today. It is very true that your attitude changes when you are in casual gear but life is tough enough as it is without sometimes breaking free!

    ReplyDelete