Friday 15 March 2013

Stirrups



I nearly fell over a couple of days ago when I was shopping and came across Stirrup pants (not even sure the word Stirrup deserves a capital letter).  I quickly checked my iPhone to confirm it was 2013 and not 1991.  Reality is, that in 1991 I threw these little numbers on occasionally (but I was also in  my early teens and was going through an awkward fashion phase).   Why are these pants supposedly "back in fashion"?   What is it about the stirrup that makes these pants better than pants sans stirrup? Would you wear Stirrup pants?   From my perspective,  Stirrup pants will not be hitting my wardrobe any time soon.  This style of pant was originally sportswear (and still is if you're going horse riding or skiing) and in my view should remain a fashion staple in the sporting arena only.  

No comments:

Post a Comment